Saturday, November 9, 2019

How to cook potatoes


How to cook potatoes

I have four russet potatoes these are like medium sized potatoes and I don't know the weight I just had literally four potatoes that needed to be used actually I had to slice one because it started to go bad on the end so all.


https://naninbusiness.blogspot.com/


                I'm going to do is do sliced rounds and the bigger parts of the potato I might slice them in half just to make them more manageable but all I'm doing is slicing them into maybe less than a half inch not a quarter inch but like somewhere half inch less than a half inch I'm not really measuring again you know me I'm not a professional I just do what's convenient so I'm just going to keep slicing all of these up now having said that I know there are tons of ways to make a crispy roasted potato ,you probably want to roast this somewhere between like 450, 400 425 but I am roasting a chicken at 375 therefore I will be roasting these at 375 and I find cottage fries slicing them thinly really cooks best parboiling it you notice I'm not parboiling my potatoes which is a really popular method to achieve a crispy crunchy exterior to your potato basically you want to par boil it and then judge it around to create texture on the outside so when you roast it at a high heat in your oven it creates this crispy exterior and soft center to the potato which it's really delicious but this is not that kind of recipe this is a convenient recipe roasting potatoes alongside my roasting , 

https://naninbusiness.blogspot.com/



so these potatoes are sliced now all I'm going to do is use oil and season them to taste season them with I'm going to see use lemon pepper and dill combo I like that combination for today but you can use whatever you like salt and pepper all seasoning Cajun or Creole seasoning whichever you like keep it simple or dress it up it's up to you Here I am going to add several tablespoons of olive oil to my potatoes and again I am roasting these at 375 which is the smoke point for olive oil so if you're going to be roasting these at a higher temp just consider maybe using an oil with a higher smoke point so now that I've oiled these I'm also going to add some lemon pepper next I'm going to add some dried dill again seasonings and measurements and the amounts are up to you but I like the combo of lemon and dill on potatoes especially with like roasted chicken and I'm also going to be adding salt to taste once they are all seasoned and oiled you just want to mix them around in the baking sheet to make sure that it's all coated and then I'm going to lay them flat in a single layer and giving space between your potatoes will create a crispier texture but you know if it's crowded it's okay too .


https://naninbusiness.blogspot.com/


 
okay so last minute I decided I want to add some garlic powder so I'm just going to shake it on the top so I'm not gonna mix it in again this is me just coming up with things on the fly okay so the last ingredient I am going to add is unsalted butter why unsalted butter because I had like a little over two and a half tablespoons left that I just want to use so yeah I'm just going to cut up small little dollops of butter and just put them throughout the baking pan and these are pretty much ready to roast in the oven alongside my roasting chicken so again just you know I guess I hate to call this like an exact recipe 

No comments:

Post a Comment